Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Wednesday, September 24 - Endearing Quality





    I love orchestral and classical music, and that has an effect on my personality. Sure, Mozart and Beethoven have made great music, but I'm also a classical musician myself, so I get exposed to more than people who don't go to rehearsals until ten every Monday evening. I feel the way that people like Mahler, Schoenberg, Richard Strauss, Brahms, and yes, Beethoven and Mozart can flood their feelings and emotions and experiences into tones that people play even years after their death. An example being Richard Strauss' "Ein Heldenleben" or "A Heros Life". Each movement in heldenleben depicts different aspects of his life, weather that be himself, his wife, his critics, his struggle to follow his dreams, and his "works for peace" as one movement is titled. I strongly feel that this has made me a more emotionally responsive person, and I think that is the endearing quality I have that makes the friends I have enjoy my personality.

1 comment:

  1. Ok, I like the classical music stuffs as well, but it seems that's all you talked about here. I didn't know what your quality was until the very last sentence, and you didn't really explain how or why, except for the fact that you really love classical music and that has made you a more responsive person. IDK. I think you should've placed your last sentence at the beginning and then explained everything through your love of classical music. That's just my idea though, so don't take it to heart.

    ReplyDelete