Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Wednesday, August 13 - Animal

   
 
 Terry the Tapir


    The jungle today was glimmering with excitement when the news spread that Terry the Tapir was moving into the woods. Nobody before had met a tapir and it was exciting news that a new animal was diversifying the culture of the jungle more than it already is. As they all waited by the central tree for Terry to arrive, they all speculated on how the tapir would be.

    "I bet he is really cool! Maybe he likes bananas as much as me!" exclaimed Maury the Monkey. "I can finally start my banana fan club now that there might be more than one member!"

    "Don't be ridiculous Maury," roared Larry the Lion, "he is obviously a more civilized man interested in intelligent discussion. I would bet that he enjoys literature, or perhaps politics." Larry was a snood. Nobody likes a snood.

    "I bet Terry would enjoy jazz music." said Perry the Porcupine. "Man it's going to be so tight just chilling with Terry."

    "Do you guys want some Slurpies? I made them myself." said Berry the Boar. Berry was special, and didn't know what he was doing.

    The sun was getting low but the animals were still excited, still quarrelling on who the tapir will hang out with and what he might enjoy. Soon tiny but pronounced foot prints echoed past the tree line.  "He's here!" everyone yelled in excitement. Terry was here! Everyone welcomed him with a traditional jungle "Howdy!".

    "HEUAEAYA" squealed Terry, because animals can't talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment